Motor Trade Insurance

JV Hutton Insurance brokers have a long standing affiliation with the motor trade sector.

We can provide expert advice and cover to motor traders from an individual working on their own to multi-site main dealerships and all in between

Get in Touch

The types of motor trade risks that we normally insure are:-

Sales of Vehicles (New &/or Second Hand)


Vehicle Restoration Specialists

Crash Repair Specialists

Windscreen Fitters

Tyre / Exhaust Fitters

Auto Electricians

Recovery agents

We provide two main types of policies

  1. Motor Trade Road Risk Policy
    This policy covers you for driving your own vehicles and vehicles that are under your custody and/or control in the course of your business as a motor trader.
  2. Commercial Combined Motor Trade Policy
    This is for a larger operation normally when you have a premises to insure also. These policies normally provide cover for:-
  • Buildings All Risks Cover
  • Tenants Improvements
  • Plant & Machinery at the premises
  • Money
  • Stock of Motor Trade Parts
  • Vehicles under your custody and control
  • Business Interruption / Gross Profit Cover
  • Public & Products Liability Cover
  • Service Indemnity / Defective workmanship cover
  • Motor Trade Road Risk cover
  • Employers Liability Cover
  • Inspection and accidental damage cover for plant and machinery
  • Vehicles in Transit cover